Monday, April 1, 2019

Pre-Draft Random Musings

A few random thoughts on the draft and other items on draft-eve...

*  from jake72:  "My ideal draft scenario has already happened: Jackson (God bless them) signed Wily Berroa (P) two days ago, netting my Crabs the 17th pick overall..."

and related from rdierkers:  "Jax signed Wily Berroa (P) and lost the 17th ovr pick!!"

from dakar:  "All I want in the draft is Jair Gonzalez (P) or failing that, xxxxxxxxxx.

*  I originally thought the draft looked pretty deep...on further review not only is this the worst draft ever to be #1 (I think I'm going to get a player who would go about #10 in a typical draft), I'll be really surprised to get anything resembling a ML player in the 2nd round...ughhh

*  Is it my scouts' obsession with injury-prone players, or are there a big # of top-10 players this year that need a lot of health pampering?
Nice too see Harvey Tracy in the thick of the early AL MVP race...I don't know if there's ever been a 35-yo MVP here.

*  Early AL ROY race looks like a battle among Richmond's Chick Rosenthal ,  KC's Harry Estrada and Philly's Thomas Alcantera.

*  Next up: 1st-round draft review once a good number have signed

No comments:

Post a Comment